22 February 2014

To comment or not to comment?

I thought it would be great to use my 100th post to send a message and get a little discussion going, and that is comments. We all love it when our readers or other bloggers comment on our posts, but most of us aren't that great at either commenting back or just sharing the love and commenting on other blogs even if they've never commented on yours.

So, how do you decide whether you want to comment? I try my best to comment at least once on every blog I come across, but sometimes I'm just not in the mood for it. Other times I just don't know what I should write if I would make a comment. But I think it has something to do with me being very dedicated to not just saying "great post" but writing something a little more personal. Generally I write "great post" and then what I really like about the post, what I think, what they think about the book or something similar. I prefer "long" comments instead of the really short ones, so I try to write ones like that on other people's blogs.

Something else that also makes me not want to comment is when there are 20 comments and the blogger has only replied to 5 of them.. But also just because there already is 20 comments.. I tend to comment most on blogs that don't have that many comments. Those are the ones where I try to comment on every post, and if it is a new blog I try to give some advice on what they could do better - but in a sweet way ofcourse.

When I started this blog back in October 2013, I didn't have any readers at all and that means I didn't get any comments. It made me feel like I was the only one who cared about what I wrote. I put a lot of time and efforts into my posts, because I want to write something people actually want to read, so when no one comments it makes me a bit sad. I don't know when, but somehow I started to get readers and know I get at least 1 comment on every post, and that comment is the one that makes my day. I appreciate you taking the time to read a comment - especially because it means you have read my post!


So my message with this post is, that everyone should comment more. Not just reply to comments on our own blogs, but take the time to explore other people's blogs and comment. I don't think there is a single blogger that doesn't appreciate comments from his or hers readers. I think it's safe to say that everyone gets a little boost when there is a positive comment on a post.
But I also want to say that you should try to write longer comments, really explain why you like their posts and maybe how you found their blog? Instead of writing 1 short sentence. Write 3-5!


How do you feel about commenting? Are you commenting enough? Do you want to do better? Let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment